Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Late Birthday Brett/Pops/Dad!

When I was in high school I received the biggest blessing of my whole life: meeting my best friend Laurice Latimer 
[ now Wilde...love you Eric =) ]. 
My family life was a complete wreck, and Laurice's family swooped in and provided me with a stable environment; and a warm, fun, family to become a part of. They took me in, and have always treated me like one of their own. I often refer to the Latimer's as my second family, or my adopted family, 
either way...they are my family. 
I love them more than I can handle!
*
The past couple of years Laurice and Missy have gotten all dressed up and taken their dad to Bombay House for his birthday dinner. Last year Brett told me that the only thing missing at dinner was me...it almost made me cry...he is precious.
 *
So yesterday Laurice, Missy, Lexi and I got all dressed up to take Dad to Bombay House. While we were getting ready Lexi entertained the little squishee:


...Yes, they are standing on a dresser playing in the mirror...and yes I do know they are way too cute!
*
Dinner was absolutely fabulous!


So Laurice and Missy warned me that we would get a lot of attention because of our attire...
to say the least they were absolutely right...
I kind of felt like a celebrity!
All of the workers there would not stop staring and smiling...it was so funny/flattering (and maybe a tiny bit creepy)! =)


I love these girls more than they will ever know. 
They are my sisters, my best friends, and my partners in crime =)
 *
Happy Birthday Brett/Pops/Dad! 
Thank you for always treating me like one of your own, 
I'm so grateful for you and the example you've been to me. 
I love you!










No comments:

Post a Comment